- So I saw Interstellar with wifey last night, and in my opinion was stellar. I’d give it 8.5 out of 10 and would rate it amongst his best work. Am I overrating it?
- Yes, just as good as Inception. Disagree? Why?
- Is anyone else thankful that McConaghuey has found the wormhole that has led him out of Rom-Com land? Such a great performance here.
- There have been reviews that have been negative towards Interstellar, and Nolan for that matter, because his movies seem mechanical, and in this case, Sci-Real more than Sci Fi because of the overload of scientific fanaticism, rather than plot interest or character development. I didn’t find this over my head though, did you?
- Did anyone else think “Mr Ripley is back” during the 3rd act?
- Speaking of 3rd act, could anyone else picture Anne Hathaway singing “I Dreamed a Dream” then too?
- I’m not a Christopher Nolan fanatic by any means, but I must say that his batting average is a lot better than some of the movie makers who supposedly sit on today’s Mt Rushmore of directors. Why is he then not considered by critics a part of the upper echelon? (go ahead compare his average with, say, David Fincher).
- Speaking of Nolans batting average, could the Dark Knight Trilogy be one of 3 perfect Hollywood cinematic trilogies where all movies are considered classics (Toy Story and Lord of the Rings (arguable as its from one book and filmed by a NZer in NZ) being the other two?).
- Am I kidding myself? I really dig Nolans films…
- Am I getting old? Or do Hans Zimmers scores just get louder in these Norton films?
- Am I the only father who didn’t cry? Ok maybe a little..
- Speaking of the father/daughter narrative, and Fincher, did anyone get Benjamin Button vibes in that one scene (I refuse to spoil it)?
What did you think of Interstellar? Any thoughts on these thoughts?