Today’s usually the busiest meetings day for me weekly, and this weeks edition was no different:
Prayer meeting followed by staff meeting followed by pastoral meeting followed by structure meeting followed by creative project meeting followed by a rehearsal for our new ENCS MUSIC album.
One of the recurring themes of every meeting I had today was the whole thing of alignment – lining things up on purpose to fulfill purpose. Whether it’s lining up harmonization in a song, lining up roles and responsibilities with gift mixes, or lining up prayers with the will and word of God, one figures out quickly that life gets done a lot easier if there is good alignment with God and one another.
My favorite alignment Scripture is in Romans 12:
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. (Romans 12:2, 3 ESV)
1) alignment takes mind renewal to the will of God
2) you can test and approve alignment of your life with the good, acceptable and perfect will of God
3) The will of God: good, acceptable, perfect. All 3 aligned
4) pride (thinking too highly of oneself) – enemy of alignment.
5) sober judgment with regards to measure of faith God has assigned – ally to alignment.
Align yourself with the will of God – all else is, like the hymn says, “sinking sand”…